With a large group of highly trained Powerline Technicians, the Overhead Lines Division of The K‑Line Group of Companies constructs, maintains and repairs distribution lines for electric utilities, municipalities and private enterprises.
Backed by an award winning team, K‑Line’s Overhead Lines division has built and maintained thousands of kilometers of distribution and transmission lines both domestically and internationally since 1967. K‑Line’s licensed Journeymen are Red Seal certified industry experts and exhibit an unparalleled level of operational excellence in their field. K‑Line’s rigorous safety program ensures their Powerline Technicians are highly trained in the most current construction and safety methods, with a special emphasis on quality.
For maintenance or upgrading of existing lines, our Powerline Technicians are trained in live line work methods including rubber glove and bare hand techniques up to and including 115kV. Our powerline technicians have access to a large inventory of specialty live line equipment and temporary supporting devices. K‑Line has proudly provided uninterrupted live line maintenance and upgrading to our customers for over 50 years.
- Wood, steel, composite, concrete, tubular steel and mono pole erection
- Greenfield pole line construction
- Line relocation and re-conductoring
- Live line construction and maintenance, including bare hand techniques
- Switch maintenance and trouble response
- EPC – engineering, procurement and construction
- Infrastructure for renewable energy projects
- Overhead make-ready and fiber optic placement
- Smart Grid installation
- Emergency restoration
- 24/7 Reactive Response/Trouble Truck Shift Coverage
The Overhead Lines division utilizes one of Canada’s largest fleet of equipment and specialized vehicles including up to 100-foot bucket trucks, RBDS, cranes and off-road tracked and rubber-tired vehicles. This fleet is rigorously maintained by K‑Line’s Fleet division, which specializes in the equipment needs of the power system industry.
Whether working with utilities or as partners with K‑Tek Electro Services, the expert Overhead Lines team ensures every project meets safety and quality standards and is completed on time and on budget.