Overhead Line Division
Backed by an award-winning team, K‑Line’s Overhead Lines division has built and maintained thousands of kilometers of distribution and transmission lines both domestically and internationally since 1967. K‑Line’s licensed Powerline Technicians (PLT’s) are Red Seal certified industry experts and exhibit an unparalleled level of operational excellence in their field. K‑Line’s rigorous safety program ensures their PLT’s are highly trained in the most current construction and safety methods, with a special emphasis on quality.
For maintenance or upgrading of existing lines, our Powerline Technicians are trained in live line work methods including rubber glove and bare hand techniques up to and including 44kV. Our PLT’s have access to a large inventory of specialty live line equipment and temporary supporting devices supported by our own testing facility K-Tek Electro Services. K‑Line has proudly provided uninterrupted live line maintenance and upgrading to our customers for over 55 years.
Overhead Line Division Offers
Crews work utilizing energized work methods including rubber glove, bare hand, and hot stick techniques
The Overhead Lines Division utilizes one of Canada’s largest fleet of equipment and specialized vehicles including up to 100-foot bucket trucks, RBDS, cranes and off-road tracked and rubber-tired vehicles. This fleet is rigorously maintained by K‑Line’s Fleet division, which specializes in the equipment needs of the power system industry.
Whether working with utilities or as partners with K‑Tek Electro Services, the expert Overhead Lines team ensures every project meets safety and quality standards and is completed on time and on budget.
Pole line maintenance & upgrading
- High Voltage Support Services
- Line relocation and re-conductoring
- Emergency restoration
- 24/7 Reactive Response/Trouble Truck Shift Coverage
- Switch maintenance and trouble response
- Smart Grid installation
New line construction
- EPC – engineering, procurement, and construction
- Infrastructure for renewable energy projects
- Overhead make-ready and fiber optic placement
- Switching and Isolations
- Person in Attendance
- Vault Inspections, repairs, and replacements
- All cable installation, splicing, and transitions, including lead
- Trouble shooting and fault locating
- Multiple Party Shallow Utility Installations /Turnkey Commercial & Residential Developments
- Underground Transmission and Distribution Duct Bank Installations
- Underground cable pulling
- Termination of underground cables
- Pad mount and submersible installations
- Civil construction (Duct work, trenching, concrete work, footings, foundations, and specialized structures)
- Overhead to Underground Relocations – Horizontal Directional Drilling, Jack & Bore, Open Trench, etc.
- Pole hole excavation, backfill, and restoration