The Distribution Design Division of K‑Tek Electro-Services is an established expert in all design aspects of high voltage transmission lines, distribution lines and substations. Our focus is to apply our knowledge and experience to provide practical and flexible solutions to utilities and commercial customers.
Our experienced engineers use the latest engineering software tools such as PLS CADD, PLS POLE, CYME, and more. Our Distribution Design Group is well equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and a wealth of experience that allows us to be highly efficient, extremely precise and a leader in safety. By focusing on these core competencies, K‑Tek’s Distribution Design can transfer this specialized knowledge and vast experience to its customers for their benefit.
The Distribution Design division provides a full range of specialized services to support electric utilities, as well as commercial and industrial operations with planning, analysis and design. Our specialties are the design of overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems, transformer stations (TS) design, construction, commissioning and maintenance, power system studies including Load Flow studies, short circuit analyses, ARC Flash studies, Grounding studies and Generator connection impact assessment studies.
K-Tek’s Distribution Design Division provides a full range of specialized services to support electric utilities, as well as commercial and industrial operations with planning, analysis and design.
- Project tendering; design/construct; capital forecasting; project estimating/material lists
- Design of sub-transmission and distribution lines; new or upgrade of single or three-phase pole lines
- Rebuild of existing pole lines; line expansions; relocates; voltage conversions
- Overhead to underground; rear lot to ROW; underground cable/transformer replacement
- Distribution or express feeders; road bores/crossings; station egress feeders
- Industrial/commercial stations; utility transformer or distribution stations
- Voltage and current reports; industrial/commercial pole line design to EAS standards
- Joint use audits with telephone or CATC companies; communication company make-ready plan reviews
- ESA 22/04 certification for third party attachment
- Pole line condition assessments
- System impact assessment
- Cost modeling
- Conceptual design
- Permitting assistance