The owners and managers of K-Line are committed to leading the industry in minimizing the
impact of our day-to day operations on the environment. The company will take all reasonable efforts by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, using products or services that contain or use recycled parts or materials, and discarding pollutants or hazardous waste at approved facilities when practicable. Furthermore, K-Line is committed to preventing pollution and reducing the impact on the environment and surroundings in the communities affected by our maintenance and construction activities.
K-Line will take all reasonable precautions to prevent environmental incidents and take prompt action to remedy, including the containment and cleanup of spills and notifying the appropriate stakeholders.
K-Line will comply and conform to applicable legislative and other requirements and embrace
the principle of continual improvement of the management system.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Project waste, trash and/or scrap materials will be taken into consideration before work begins
- Coordinate with our clients to ensure proper disposal of wastes or scrap material
- Assign responsibility for managing wastes generated at all work sites
- Ensure employees are wearing the appropriate PPE and following safe practices related to
storage and handling of waste, scrap or leftover materials
- Train employees to respond to environmental emergency situations and proper handling,
storage and disposal of waste and scrap materials generated at work sites.
- Reuse, recycle, and appropriately dispose of pollutants, hazardous/project waste, trash and/or
- Preserve worksites by respecting vegetation, articles of historical value and local habitat to
minimize environmental impacts when our activities may affect them.
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements