Summary of Project
K-Line was contracted by Alectra East formally PowerStream to construct their new 230kV Transformer station (Bermondsey Style). K-Line and its partners were responsible for the complete civil, structural, and architectural works required at the site. Electrical installation and management scope was inclusive of all major high voltage/low voltage equipment, switchyard steel, bus, connectors, HV/MV cabling between equipment. VTS4 was selected as a beta test site, for use of 230kV polymer insulators, the first on record for a station of this type in Canada. K-Line’s overhead line department through a separate agreement was contracted to construct all major overhead 27.6kV distribution feeders out of this new station. This 230kV/27.6kV Transformer Station is located at 5380 Kirby Road, in Vaughan.
- Complete Installation of Architectural Switchgear Building
- Installation, oil filling, and assembly of owner supplied main power transformers
- Pfisterer Connections on Siemens GIS Switchgear
- Full station commissioning and testing by K-tek (K-Line Group of Companies)
- Integration of K-Line’s 230kV Station Post Polymer Insulators