Executed under our Master Service Agreement with AltaLink for Transmission, Engineering, Construction & Maintenance work, K‐Line crews rebuilt 20km of 69kV transmission line in the rural area of Magrath south of Lethbridge, Alberta. Construction was safely completed during the fall and winter seasons.
- The project consisted of three steel mono poles on screw pile foundations with the reminder of the poles being 65 – 95 Douglas Fir wood pole H‐frames
- Crews worked above four energized crossings, which needed to be mitigated during stringing activities
- 119 new structures were installed in the first section between Magrath Substation and new existing dead‐end structure 401
- 41 new structures were installed in the second section between structures 241 to Magrath Substation IN
- Double dead‐ends installed every 5kms
- Project was executed during COVID restrictions which added an additional layer of risks to be mitigated