K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We currently have a supervisor opportunity available to be based out of Scarborough, Ontario for the position of Supervisor - Power Restoration Services (Non-Union Position)
- Supervise and coach employees to support the day-to-day operations of power restoration services
and support, capital and operating work programs in any environmental and/or physical condition
- Assist in the approval and purchase of tools and equipment required for power restoration services
to ensure necessary tools and equipment are available for the crews.
- Act as a first response to address the field’s contraventions with third parties and work with other
internal and external customers to resolve problems and make conditions safe
- Liaise with the Fleet Division to ensure power restoration fleet is equipped to support power
restoration service demands.
- Provide on-going industry, trade and system related technical knowledge and expertise to lead
crews in the restoration of power, including overhead, underground, maintenance activity,
emergency response and reactive work.
- Train crews on compulsory training requirements related to power restoration and distribution
- Develop and oversee master schedules to ensure crew compliment requirements are met. Adjust
and modify daily crew schedules to optimize resourcing and identify and implement productivity
improvements and measurements.
- Approve and prepare weekly time & materials timesheets for job costing and payroll purposes.
- Monitor service response reports for accuracy.
- Attend site visits as required to ensure crews work safely and to assist with technical expertise on
site. Lead safety meetings and participate in incident investigations.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and contractors to ensure compliance with all electrical
and civil construction standards are followed.
Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in electrical distribution construction and maintenance.
- Certificate of completion of the in school curriculum of the Powerline Technician Apprentiship
Program from a recognized Training Delivery Agent.
- Completion of the Inter Provincial Read Seal Certification is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the electrical utility industry involved in electrical construction,
maintenance, and operations, including extensive overhead and associated underground electrical
construction and maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of and commitment to Health and Safety Legislation and Workplace Safety
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Knowledge of Work Protection Codes, Feeder/Operating prints, Overhead, underground radial
distribution (URD), compact radial distribution (CRD) and Work Practices and Standards
- Hands on knowledge and experience of 3-Letter Designation, auto transfer switch (ATS), pilot wire
and circuit break switching, and station switching
- Excellent technical problem solving ability
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a
dynamic and fast-paced environment and managing conflicting priorities
- Unwavering commitment to customer service and health and safety
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Celebrating 50 years of Business Excellence in 2017, the K-Line Group of Companies provides complete,
one-source solutions for the high voltage and related sectors. Comprised of eight industry-specific divisions,
we offer one-source expertise in engineering, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and
maintenance of high voltage power delivery systems, including temporary power services, independent
laboratory testing and complete fleet repair and refurbishing services. K-Line was established in 1967 and
is registered to the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard and OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety
The K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for
persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for
an interview will be contacted.