K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We are currently seeking a Substation Foreman to join our team based out of Stouffville, Ontario
(IBEW UNION LOCAL 353 POSITION)
- Reporting to a Project, Construction or Division Manager, provide leadership on various size projects, ranging from 5kV to 230kV.
- Plan and execute construction of substations and associated sub-systems.
- Direct and perform field assembly of all types of substation equipment including transformers, circuit breakers, high voltage switches, structural steel, aluminum buss, switchgear, control buildings etc.
- Direct and perform installation of overhead and underground electrical systems including underground cable (including splices and terminations), overhead linework (including all associated framing etc.).
- Oversee and supervise civil construction including general earthworks, concrete foundations, duct banks, ground grid installation, fence installation, landscaping and finishing works.
- Mentor and supervise team members while developing good client relationships.
- Mentor junior staff in the construction, erection, assembly, and maintenance of all areas of substation construction
- Provide proactive leadership in order to develop a positive safety culture on the project site.
- Liaise with other project team members to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule, budget, and stakeholder requirements.
- Prepare permit applications for high voltage isolations and work protection.
- Perform duties associated with the “constructor” role as a supervisor during construction and field assignments.
- Follow the company project management processes and methodology to maintain, update and complete reports, schedules, engineering drawing reviews/redlines, specifications, records and all other site documentation pertaining to the project.
- Conduct performance evaluations of sub-foreman, journeyman lineman and apprentice lineman.
- Understand tools and associated equipment required to perform and execute substation construction.
Experience & Education
- Red Seal Powerline Technician and/or Substation Electrician
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within the high voltage industry
- Minimum 10 years high voltage substation/electrical construction experience (5kV – 230kV).
- Experience with construction of substations, overhead and underground distribution systems
- Valid DZ Driver’s License is an asset
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of OHSA, the EUSA Rule Book, Utility Work Protection Code, and other applicable regulatory safety requirements.
- Strong commitment to workplace safety.
- Blueprint and schematic reading skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Strong communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Willing to travel to project locations throughout Ontario.
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.