K-Line Maintenance & Construction
K-Line is hiring Powerline Technician Technicians. Join our SK team now!
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electrical distribution and transmission systems including
overhead power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers
and other associated equipment
- Use hot sticks to facilitate safe handling of high voltage lines without interrupting service, install
protective grounds and cover-up. May operate hot sticks fitted with mechanically or hydraulically
operated grasping and crimping tools to perform live line work
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and wiring
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers, and guy wires
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications
- Inspect and test overhead power lines, cables and auxiliary equipment using electrical test
- Safely operate heavy duty utility equipment including Radial Arm Diggers, Bucket Trucks, and related
equipment as required
- Maintain good public relations with persons inside and outside the company
- Maintain personal and group safety at all times
- Respond to unscheduled outages as the result of weather, component failures, etc.
- Be a positive team member through open communication and active participation in crew tasks
Experience & Education
- Completion of Powerline Technician Apprenticeship
- Journeyman Powerline Technician Certificate and Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate
- Strong knowledge of the Provincial Electrical Utilities Regulations and the Provincial Occupation Health & Safety Act, Regulations and Codes
- Valid Class 3A Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively work on teams and mentor apprentices
- Ability to climb poles, work at heights and work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Strong communication, leadership, team work and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret drawings, develop/ interpret work, and plan projects for self and others
- Excellent problem-solving skills
The K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for
persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for
an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.