K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We are currently seeking a Manager - Saskatchewan Operations to join our team based out of White City, Saskatchewan.
The Manager of Saskatchewan Operations will manage and deliver on multiple Distribution and Transmission projects within the Saskatchewan region. Reporting to the Vice President of Western Operations, the incumbent will lead, direct, and integrate the work of the operations crews and divisional resources while ensuring projects are completed within the constraints of time, scope, budget, and quality. This position will have direct interaction with a broader range of senior, technical, and functional management and subject matter experts throughout the organization.
- Manage and monitor external contracting, Statement of Work development, vendor performance
- Direct and communicate with divisional employees, leaders within the division, and performance of external contracted resources
- Resolves complex problems or issues that arise in the division and escalate unresolved problems to V.P of Western Operations
- Ensure that divisions achieve objectives and job completion within budget and time frame.
- Manage the overall profit and loss of the division.
- Approve and manage effective planning and scheduling of resources within the Saskatchewan Operations Divisions
- Develop, implement and monitor in conjunction with the V.P of Western Operations the overall strategy for K-Line’s M&C Saskatchewan Operations Division ensuring alignment with the overall Western Operations corporate strategy.
- Develop and Approve the Saskatchewan Operation’s Divisional annual budget in conjunction with the V.P of Western Operations, COO and Finance
- Ensure the Operation’s Division achieves objectives within budget and time frame.
- Managing and budgeting the constraints of project management, Scope, Schedule and Cost for varying projects and service areas
- Work with fleet to ensure equipment requirements are met to minimize any interruptions in service and associated downtime costs
- Work directly with the Manager, Transmission Western Canada and Manager, Operations and PDSG Alberta.
- Oversees project/lump sum/MSA/relationship agreements, budget estimating and proposal generation including bids, proposals, and quotations in conjunction with Manager, Operations & PDSG Alberta
- May approve subcontractor selection and management in conjunction with HSEQ
- Manage the communication of information on project details and status to general contractor, subcontractor, construction manager, architect, engineers, and owners.
- Manage a divisional schedule and liaise with other internal groups to manage client needs and project in service dates
- May liaise with project engineers and field project managers.
- Ensure that department achieves objectives and job completion within budget and time frame.
- Manage divisional communication including formal reporting on the progress of projects and the attainment of milestones to the V.P of Western Operations
- Managing and balancing the constraints of project management, scope, schedule and cost
- Directs and communicates with the project team, leaders assigned to the project/program, and performance of external contracted resources
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project, as well as scope and projects budget.
- Review deliverables prepared by the project team and liaise with clients.
- Effectively apply the organization’s project management methodologies and enforce project standards.
- Minimize exposure and risks to K-Line relating to assigned projects.
- Determine milestones, track revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for projects.
- Analyze and report on project success measures, such as profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Ensure successful close out of project.
- Ensure all safety programs are followed including good catch program Making good decisions and resolving complex, sensitive or contentious problems and issues
- Escalate problems or issues of a strategic or operational nature to the V.P of Western Operations in a timely manner and evaluate the risks or opportunities associated with potential solutions to ensure the most appropriate course of action is taken.
- Effectively communicates the team’s operational priorities, strategies, goals and objectives.
- Provide input to strategic planning activities and tactical implementation throughout the Western Operations
- Responsible for leading the continuous development of the division and mentoring of direct reports
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum ten (10) years’ utilities experience in operations in a construction environment, including two (2) to three (3) years in a supervisory capacity
- Technical Trades Certification is required
- Post-secondary education in Operations, Commerce, and/or Management is an asset
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the High Voltage industry
- Risk Management theory and techniques for measuring and managing risk
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication and professional presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage large-scale projects and a diverse groups of employees
- Competent with the principles and practices in operations, engineering, sales & estimating and support services
- Strong sense of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, and ethics
- Good knowledge of computer programs, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong execution skills and excellent time management with the ability to handle interruptions, tight turnarounds and multiple deliverables
- This position is required to be in office and conduct field visits to various job sites therefore applicants must reside in Saskatchewan and preferably locally to White City, SK.
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.