K-Line Maintenance & Construction Ltd.
We are currently seeking a Junior Project Manager to join our team based out of Stouffville, Ontario
In this role, the Junior Project Manager will assist in the delivery of multiple projects. Working within our Project Delivery services Group, the role plays a key part in the successful management of high voltage construction with potential to include overhead and underground electrical construction projects. This will involve working closely with the Operations team to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, safely and with a high-quality standard.
- Full-cycle project management including estimates, budget, schedules, procurement, quality and risk with minimal supervision.
- Managing the construction of the project in accordance with design, budget, and an unwavering commitment to safety with minimal supervision.
- Prepare and update all project documentation including work progress, changes in scope, issues, progress billings
- Prepare, and update project schedules (P6 and Microsoft Project) and monitor progress from original estimates, plans and specifications
- To be onsite and oversee Civil activities and document
- Coordinate and communicate with Civil contractors
- Assist operations with contract revisions (e.g., change orders)
- Review WIP (work in progress) on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure project is progressing on time and on budget
- Coordinate closeout meetings to review outstanding items and deficiency list
- Administrative functions including invoicing and document control as necessary
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
Qualifications and Requirements
- Certificate or Diploma in Project Management or related field is required
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in utility or construction industry
- Certified Engineering Technologist (Civil) designation is preferred
- Working towards PMP designation is an asset
- Strong project leadership and organizational effectiveness to ensure successful completion of full cycle design and construction of high voltage utility projects
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with various Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with all team members including supervisors, office and field staff
- Must be willing to travel
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to think & react quickly to changing conditions
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.