K-Line Group of Companies
We are currently looking for a Junior Estimator to join our team based out of Stouffville, Ontario.
As a Junior Estimator in the Project Delivery Services Group, your role is to analyze plans, produce quantity take-offs, create win strategies and gain an overall understanding of complex projects in order to develop accurate and competitive project cost estimates. The Junior Estimator plays an important role in risk analysis assessments associated with the costs of projects and provides critical information to Estimators needed to win bids from perspective clients.
• Calculates and estimates the expected costs of construction, labour, equipment, and material take-offs for
projects primarily in the transmission, distribution and station
• Forecasts timeframes associated with the completion of projects
• Assists Estimators in winning and making profitable and competitive bids by providing accurate information
related to costing information related to projects
• Responsible for administrative tasks such as filing documents (receipts and purchase orders), and gathering
information to be used to produce project estimates
• Review data and documents (analysis reports, purchase orders and subcontracts)
• Prepare estimates for utility customers across Ontario including budgeting for current customers and lump sum
pricing budgets for tendered projects
• Conduct initial analysis of drawings, specifications and documentation from bid packages, such as blueprints and
specifications to ensure required information is provided
• Assist with project execution plans, construction bid schedules, bid risks and assumptions documents, and
• Prepare initial cost estimates for the required supplies and services related to current and future projects.
• Responsible for creating pricing schedules, assisting in the development of bid proposals and conducting
thorough assessments of the technical aspects of projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
• University degree or diploma related in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, or related
field and/or a combination of education and experience.
• Certificate in Electrical Engineering or Construction Engineering is an asset
• 2 + years estimating experience in a construction industry is a must, experience related to high voltage utility estimating is a definite asset
• 3+ years of customer service skills in an estimating capacity related to bidding, gathering information and
presenting materials for review
• Demonstrated experience presenting complicated information to all levels in an organization
• 2+ years experience managing multiple priorities and projects concurrently within tight deadlines
• Experience with estimating software and multiple computer application along with advanced mathematic skills
such as algebra, calculus and statistic data is required
• Knowledge and experience with accounting and economics is strongly preferred
• Ability to read and interpret project drawings and specifications to calculate precise quantities and estimates is a must
• Customer focus with a strong business acumen, collaborative, and teamwork oriented
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.