We are currently seeking a Junior Design technician/Technologist to join the K-Tek Electro Services team based out of Scarborough, Ontario.
As a Junior Design Technician/Technologist, you will be working within the engineering and design team assisting in the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on high voltage distribution lines and
substations for utilities and commercial/industrial operations.
- Assist or create design outputs for aspects of high voltage distribution lines and substations including overhead/underground distribution systems and transformer station design for utilities and commercial/industrial operations
- Assist and perform rehabilitation project designs on power systems: from overhead to underground lines; rear lot to ROW; underground cable and/or transformer replacement, line expansions, relocates, and voltage conversions
- Perform surveys and collect field data as required
- Generate design estimates and quotations, develop proposals, provide customer solutions, and deliver customer solutions
- Manage projects, develop, and maintain job/project documentation including drawings, specifications, quotations, change orders, submittals, comments, reviews, approvals, test sheets, reports as well as any other relevant documentation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) or Certified Technician (C.Tech) certification or 309A/442A certification or eligible for it.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in Electrical Power systems
- Prior Toronto Hydro distribution design experience is considered an asset
- Field experience is considered an asset
- Experience involving the distribution design of overhead and underground systems, substation layouts, pole line design and the preparation of design packages
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Knowledge of MicroStation is considered an asset
- Ability to generate and interpret electrical documents including EWDs, CWDs, and technical reports
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards, legislation, and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage complex and time-sensitive projects
- Excellent sense of professionalism including strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, effectively under pressure and be adaptable to flexible work schedule when required
- Valid driver’s license
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection
process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity,
please advise if you require accommodation.