K-Line Maintenance & Construction
The K-Line Group of Companies has an opportunity for a Journeymen - Power Restoration Services (Union Position) based out of the Greater Toronto Area.
Working exclusively with our customer, Toronto Hydro, this role performs both high and low voltage
switching on all Toronto Hydro distribution equipment, including station breakers, to provide work
protection for various work groups. This position works to resolve issues to restore service to distribution
customers, troubleshoot failed distribution circuits and equipment, reactive maintenance work and
temporary and permanent repairs as required. Shift work is required.
- Perform switching, grounding and tagging operations
- Perform emergency switching to restore Toronto Hydro distribution system and customer loads
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, make temporary and permanent repairs, or replace distribution equipment as necessary in order to afford Toronto Hydro’s customers maximum continuity of service
- Operate, inspect and maintain equipment associated with the overhead and underground distribution system
- Provide technical information to Toronto Hydro’s customers and assist with repairs to Toronto Hydro’s customers’ equipment
- Report hazardous conditions to the System Operators
- Maintain, update and complete reports, work orders, work procedures, records and documentation related to the position
Experience & Education
- Red Seal Powerline Technician Interprovincial Certificate is required
- Class DZ license is required
- Experience with switching, overhead, underground and station distribution systems is an asset
- Knowledge of OHSA, the EUSA Rule Book, and the Utility Work Protection Code
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Exceptional problem solving skills and a collaborative approach in determining course of action
- Strong communication, customer service and leadership skills are essential
- Basic computer skills are required
The K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for
persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for
an interview will be contacted.