K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Mechanic to join our team based out of Lethbridge, Alberta.
The Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of a wide variety of vehicles and equipment. This role works closely with the Fleet Services team to ensure vehicle maintenance is kept up to date, perform preventative maintenance and routine inspections.
- Service and maintain medium and heavy-duty trucks and mounted hydraulic equipment
- Diagnose and repair electrical and engine management faults
- Maintain service documentation records and complete reports of work performed
- Review work orders and establish priorities with Garage Foreman
- Trouble shoot and maintain hydraulic and electric systems
- Ability to operate a mobile service truck to support day to day operations
- Perform all duties in compliance with all policies, procedures, and safety regulations
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
- Heavy duty Mechanic Certification is required
- High School Diploma required
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s licence required – Driver Abstract will be requested
- Valid Class 1Q or 3Q Driver’s License is an asset
- Knowledge of radial boom digger derrick and ariel equipment (Altec, Posi-Plus & Terex)
- Experience with hydraulics, electrical, engine and transmission
- Knowledge of utility equipment is an asset
- Welding experience an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude with working knowledge of heavy equipment, trucks and trailers
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills as it relates to trucks and equipment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
The K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for
persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for
an interview will be contacted.