K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We are currently seeking an IT Co-op student to join our team
The IT Co-op student plays a critical role in the IT department through managing and resolving technical issues related to operating systems, software, hardware, emails, mobile devices, and network security. This role interacts with all levels in the organization and assists in multiple projects related to the advancement of technology within the company.
You’ll Love this Role if:
- You are customer service focused
- You work well independently and as part of a team environment
- You have strong troubleshooting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy problem solving and working with multiple stakeholders
What You Will Do:
- Provide timely first level support with responsibility for resolving end-user technical issues involving desktop, laptop, network services
- Provide support (configure, install, test, and maintain) for desktops, laptops, printers, cell phones, tablets, and software systems
- Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office suite applications, ERP, VPN, etc.
- Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures
- Respond to inquiries and provide technical support through telephone calls, email, personal requests, and helpdesk requests
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems related to Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Update and replace hardware or software as required
- Assist in the maintenance of the network infrastructure to ensure the security and integrity of the company network
- Communicate with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets
Qualifications and Requirements
- In progress of achieving a degree and/or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Technology, Information Technology, System & Network Administration, or a relevant program
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving mindset with the ability to use good judgement when balancing competing priorities
- Ability to operate a wide variety of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, mobile devices, scanners, network equipment etc.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, TCP/IP Wireless, LAN/WAN, Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Available to work in office as required for hardware installations, managing hardware assets, and providing support as needed.
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.