K-Line Maintenance & Construction Ltd.
We are seeking a co-op student in the IT field to join our team
The IT Co-op student plays a critical role in the IT department through managing and resolving technical issues related to operating systems, software, hardware, emails, mobile devices, and network security. This role interacts with all levels in the organization and assists in projects related to the advancement of technology within the company.
This is an onsite support role require to work in the Stouffville or Scarborough office throughout the entire duration of the co-op term. This is an 8-12 month co-op term.
You’ll Love this Role if:
- You are customer service focused
- You work well independently and as part of a team environment
- You have strong troubleshooting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- You enjoy problem solving and working with multiple stakeholders
What You Will Do:
- Provide first level triage support to end-user (in-person and remote) in resolving any technical issue (involving laptop, mobile device, printer, software, network services) or answering any technical question
- Communicate status update with end-users at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets
- Ensure that requests are being prioritized and closed in a timely manner
- Provide support (configure, install, test, and maintain) for desktops, laptops, printers, cell phones, tablets, and software systems
- Support end-users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office suite applications, ERP, VPN, etc.
- Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures
- Update and replace hardware or software as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- In progress of achieving a degree and/or diploma in Computer Science, Business Technology Management, Information Technology, System & Network Administration, or a relevant program
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving mindset with the ability to use good judgement when balancing competing priorities
- Ability to operate a wide variety of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, mobile devices, scanners, network equipment etc.
- Android/iOS familiarity
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and SharePoint
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.