We currently have an opportunity available to be based out of Stouffville, Ontario for the position of Intermediate Design Technician/Technologist
As the Intermediate Design Technician/Technologist, you will be working within an engineering and design team towards the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on high voltage distribution lines and substations for utilities and commercial/industrial operations.
- Create design outputs for aspects of high voltage distribution lines and substations including
overhead/underground distribution systems and transformer station design for utilities and
- Perform rehabilitation project designs on power systems: from overhead to underground lines; rear lot to ROW;
underground cable and/or transformer replacement, line expansions, relocates, and voltage conversions.
- Perform surveys and collect field data as required.
- Generate design estimates and quotations, develop proposals, provide customer solutions, and deliver customer
- Manage projects, develop, and maintain job/project documentation including drawings, specifications,
quotations, change orders, submittals, comments, reviews, approvals, test sheets, reports as well as any other
Qualifications & Requirements
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) or Certified Technician (C.Tech) certification is required
- Five (5) years of experience working in Electrical Power systems
- Prior Toronto Hydro distribution design experience is considered an asset
- Field experience is considered an asset
- Experience involving the distribution design of overhead and underground systems, substation layouts, pole line
design and the preparation of design packages
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Knowledge of MicroStation is considered an asset
- Adept in generating and interpreting electrical documents including EWDs, CWDs, and technical reports
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards, legislation, and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage complex and time-sensitive projects
- Excellent sense of professionalism including strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately, effectively under pressure and be adaptable to flexible work schedule when required
to meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
Celebrating 50 years of Business Excellence in 2017, the K-Line Group of Companies provides complete,
one-source solutions for the high voltage and related sectors. Comprised of eight industry-specific divisions,
we offer one-source expertise in engineering, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and
maintenance of high voltage power delivery systems, including temporary power services, independent
laboratory testing and complete fleet repair and refurbishing services. K-Line was established in 1967 and
is registered to the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard and OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety
The K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation will be provided for
persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those candidates who are selected for
an interview will be contacted.