K-Line Group of Companies
We are seeking a General Foreperson to join our team based out of Calgary, Alberta.
The General Foreperson is responsible for assisting in job planning, job set up, job execution, coordinating crew and subcontractor crews and ensuring completion of return data upon job completion. The scope of work includes a high volume of AltaLink & ATCO Transmission Services MSA jobs as well all other Utility and Private Customer Bid jobs.
- Assist in overseeing transmission operations and management of crew members
- Assist in full-cycle project management of transmission projects including pre-planning to determine resources required and coordination of equipment and crew members
- Assists in determining the best method of delivering transmission services with the utmost consideration for safety, high quality, and service excellence
- Responsible for managing relationships with key customers, partners, crew members and all other related stakeholders
- Frequently liaison and communicate with the Operations Division and related divisions
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, issues, and problems, and coordinate with others, internally and externally, as needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Stakeholder communication including formal reporting on progress and the attainment of milestones on specific jobs and projects
- Working with Project Delivery Team members as required to satisfy client requirements for job execution.
- Ensure that all injuries, incidents and near misses are reported regardless of severity
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Interprovincial Red Seal Powerline Technician Certificate is required
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a Certified Powerline Technician
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in an office environment in a supervisory role
- Direct experience in transmission operations
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license
- Knowledge of approved methods, materials and tools used in line construction and maintenance work
- In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel in various locations throughout Alberta and work overtime as required
- Strong time management skills