K-Line Maintenance & Construction
We are currently looking for a Foreperson PLT to join our team based out of High River, Alberta.
The Foreperson is required to oversee the day-to-day activities of the crews and works to ensure customers will receive the right delivery of products and services with the utmost consideration for safety. This role is responsible for mentoring apprentices and ensuring a safe work environment for all.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the crew ensuring safety is a top priority
- Oversee the installation, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of electrical distribution and transmission systems including overhead power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, switches, transformers and other associated equipment
- Oversee the erecting and maintaining of steel, wood or concrete poles, towers and guy wires
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications and keep abreast on job/project targets and specifications
- Oversee in the installation and repair of underground facilities such as cable, transformers, potheads and pedestals
- Frequently liaison and communicate with the Operations Division and related divisions
- Respond to unscheduled outages as the result of weather, component failures, etc.
- Perform technical inspections on electrical equipment and maintain assigned equipment in safe and operable condition
- Attend training sessions on safety, education, line construction, vehicle operation, meter testing and related topics
- Provide leadership to junior crew members and apprentices and regularly conduct performance reviews
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, issues, and problems, and coordinate with others, internally and externally, as needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Stakeholder communication including formal reporting on progress and the attainment of milestones on specific jobs and projects
Qualifications and Requirements
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Interprovincial Red Seal Powerline Technician Certificate is required
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience as a Certified Powerline Technician
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership position
- Strong knowledge of the Provincial Electrical Utilities Regulations and the Occupation Health & Safety Act, Regulations and Codes
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license
- Ability to analyze electrical systems and select a safe course of action
- Knowledge of approved methods, materials and tools used in line construction and maintenance work
- Knowledge of electricity as it relates to electric distribution and use
- Good mental concentration to work with high voltage equipment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively work with a team and mentor apprentices
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.