Engineering & Field Services
The Engineering & Field Services Divisions of K‑Tek Electro-Services are members of PEO and CEO and is the licensed, consulting engineering division of The K‑Line Group of Companies.
This division specializes in the design, commissioning, maintenance and testing of power systems. It also carries out the complete commissioning services of substations up to 230kV, protection and control design, testing and retrofit as well as ongoing maintenance programs. Engineering & Field Services also offers 24/7 emergency support of power systems.
This multi-discipline division is integral to The K‑Line Group’s turnkey operation and offers clients responsive, reliable and professional services from highly qualified engineers, technologists and technicians. K‑Tek’s field staff perform acceptance testing in accordance with NETA/ ANSI standards and specifications and follow the OEM recommendations and guidelines for testing, adhering to the relevant industry standards and all pertinent safety issues.
K‑Tek’s Engineering & Field Services reports highlight equipment data and problem areas at a glance. These reports are respected and valued by industry experts including consultants, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, inspectors and end-users.
Practical Knowledge, Experience and Training
- Power systems studies — arc flash & co-ordination studies, short circuit analysis, load flows, equipment evaluation, harmonic analysis, power factor correction and voltage transient studies by implementation of CYME and EDSA software
- Grounding system design studies by implementation of SES Autogrid software
- Troubleshooting and problem analysis
- Substation design construction and upgrade (230kV)
- Preparation/evaluation of equipment specifications and tenders
- Protection and control schemes, design and retrofit